The Future of Online Marketing
What’s the must-have online marketing tool for the future? It has to be responsive web design (RWD) – an approach to web design that ensures a website’s format adjusts to fit different desktop, tablet and smartphone screens.
We can now connect to the internet at any time or place, and we expect everything to work quickly. RWD gives an optimal experience to every user with every device.
RWD allows you to choose what information you would like to show on each device and ensures a positive user experience. On top of the most obvious advantage – your website looking great across all platforms – there are many other gains to be had:
• RWD saves time and money as you don’t have to maintain separate websites for desktops and mobile devices.
• Users automatically arrive at the device-optimised view, which reduces loading times and bounce rates.
• You don’t need multiple pages for separate devices, which can benefit your search rankings because search engines only have to crawl one set of data.
• The overall user experience will be significantly improved, so your conversion rate will increase.
• Your SEO analytics reports will paint a more accurate picture of your site’s usage.
As responsive websites become mainstream, internet users have started to expect them when they’re browsing the web. Things have changed a lot in the digital world over recent years – mobile sales have already overtaken desktop sales, and mobile internet usage is predicted to overtake desktop internet usage by the end of 2015. So RWD is clearly the future.